Current Employment Opportunities within the Diocese of Reno
Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
Department: Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic Cemetery
Reports to: Location Manager
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Please submit your resume and the application to Mary Jean Snow at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail at 290. S. Arlington Ave., Reno, NV 89501.
All resumes and applications should be submitted not later than May 5, 2017
Administrative Assistant to the Location Manager, and as Receptionist for the main office at the Cemetery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills
- Provides administrative support for the OMOS office to perform a variety of duties that include assisting the Location Manager and Family Service Counselors in serving families that come to or contact the Cemetery to arrange at-need and pre-need burial(s)
- Greet and direct persons entering the Cemetery office
- Under general supervision from the Location Manager prepares and processes a variety of documents including burial books, card files, sales maps, receipts and other forms
- Produces reports from Quick Books as directed by the Location Manager
- Responds to
- routine letters,
- handles general correspondence,
- maintains monthly and yearly reports,
- orders office supplies,
- maintains the record of the cemetery inventory (graves, crypts and niches),
- oversees that department office equipment is working efficiently, if not contacts computer technician for support
- maintains and updates the location web-site
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned
- Office Administration
- Computer skills including word processing and spreadsheet programs at a highly proficient level
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of programs
- Knowledge of data gathering techniques, research, record keeping and reporting
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (English/Spanish preferred)
- Knowledge of Departmental Policies and Procedures after three months on the job
- Maintain confidentiality of data and information
- Complete variety of tasks concurrently
- Be respectful
- Be flexible
- Work in a team environment
- Position involves sitting, standing and/or walking
- Requires ability to occasionally exert up to 30 pounds of force to move objects
- Physical agility required moving downward and/or forward by bending legs and spine
- Physical ability to sustain movements especially of the fingers, wrists, hands or arms
- Ability to express or exchange information by means of spoken word
These requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. Responsibilities may vary according to projects, cemetery-site activity and size of workforce.
The Diocese of Reno reserves the right to amend this job description. A revised Job Description supersedes all previous descriptions for the position as a condition for employment. Job Descriptions will be distributed as revised.
St. Francis of Assisi
Youth Ministry Coordinator
St. Francis of Assisi Parish located at the north shores of beautiful Lake Tahoe is seeking a part-time Youth Ministry Coordinator to provide vision and coordination for a comprehensive youth ministry program for young people in 6th -12th grade with the goal to form life-long, intentional disciples of Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church.
Please contact Christina Davis Phone: 75-372-6456 or Christinad@catholicreno.org
for more information and an application.
Open teaching positions
St. Teresa of Avila School
Open teaching opportunities for 2017-2018
Please send resume to:
Our Lady of the Snows School
Now accepting teacher applications/resumes for the 2017-2018 school year.
To submit resumes and applications please contact:
Our Lady of the Snows School
1125 Lander Street
Reno, NV 89509
For an appilication click on:
TEACHERS AT BISHOP MANOGUE CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL
Come join us at the only Catholic High School in Northern Nevada, and help make a difference in the lives of our students! Bishop Manogue Catholic High is now accepting resumes for SCIENCE, MATH, SOCIAL STUDIES & RELIGION Teachers for the 2017 – 2018 school year. We offer competitive wages, motivated students, excellent benefits and a wonderful working environment! Please visit our web site: www.bishopmanogue.org/about-us/careers for details on how to apply.