Diocese of Reno
Diocese of Reno
Proclaiming the Good News of Jesus Christ in Word
and Deed throughout Northern Nevada
Clergy and Religious Credibly Accused
Most Reverend Randolph Calvo, Bishop of the Diocese of Reno, released the names of priests and religious credibly accused of sexual abuse of minors. The list includes names of priests and religious who served in the 12 counties that currently comprise the Diocese of Reno: Carson City, Churchill, Douglas, Elko, Eureka, Humboldt, Lander, Lyon, Mineral, Pershing, Storey, and Washoe.
Determination of credibility was based on corroborating evidence, criminal prosecution or admission of guilt by the accused. The list includes:
1. Diocesan priests who formally belonged to (incardinated in) the Diocese of Reno who were credibly accused of committing sexual abuse of a minor.
2. Diocesan priests incardinated in another diocese who worked on a temporary basis in the Diocese of Reno who were credibly accused of committing sexual abuse of a minor in the Diocese of Reno.
3. Religious order priests who worked in the Diocese of Reno who were credibly accused of committing sexual abuse of a minor in the Diocese of Reno.
4. A diocesan priest who was ordained for service in another diocese and then transferred to and was incardinated in the Diocese of Reno who was credibly accused of committing sexual abuse of a minor in his prior diocese of incardination. This accusation came many years after his incardination in the Diocese of Reno and shortly before his death.
Victims who have been sexually abused by clergy, church employee or volunteer should contact civil authorities and/or the appropriate Victim's Assistance Coordinator or the Diocesan Office of Safe Environment. Victim’s Assistance Coordinators are:
- Eastern Nevada: Marilyn Janka 775-753-9542
- Western Nevada: David Caloiaro 775-450-3618
- Diocesan Victim’s Assistance Hotline: 1-844-669-8911
Protecting God’s Children
The Diocese of Reno is committed to the safety of our children and vulnerable adults. We have in place policies and protocols for all staff, lay and clergy, and all volunteers that require training and/or background checks. We are in full compliance with the Dallas Charter and remain diligent in maintaining this compliance.
Through the “Protecting God’s Children” program we train all adults who are employed or wish to volunteer within our parishes and agencies who have access to children. To find out more and to register for the “Protecting God’s Children” training, click on the RED BOX below.
Latest News & Events
Click on the image for the latest issue of the HIGH DESERT CATHOLIC
Come to Celebrate the Presbyteral Ordination of Patrick Klekas and Eduardo Gutierrez
Spiritual Opportunity at the Carmel of Reno
Call to Action
DOWNLOAD HERE a PDF to send to Governor Sisolak asking him to VETO this bill. It appears there are not enough votes in the senate to override a veto.