Current Employment Opportunities within the Diocese
This is Monday-Friday 1pm-8pm.
Interested applicants please email a cover letter and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application : Click Here
- Our Mother of Sorrows: Cemetery Groundsman- The Cemetery Groundsman maintains cemetery grounds and prepares graves, grave areas including and not limited to grave excavation; burial functions (opening/closing for interments, entombments, inurnments, disinterment); lawn sodding, seeding, fertilizing; monument and marker setting; manual and mechanical earth moving and lawn care equipment operation; cemetery cleanup. Please email to MaryS@catholicreno.org.
- Our Lady of the Snows School is accepting Teacher Applications for the 2022-2023 school year. Please email resumes to email@example.com.
- The Diocese of Reno is seeking an Administrative Assistant for Youth and Young Adult. This is a full-time position 35 hour/week with benefits. Please send resume & application to Mary Jean Snow at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Department: Youth and Young Adult
Reports to: Director Youth and Young Adult Ministry
FLSA status: Non-Exempt--Full Time
Job Description: The Administrative Assistant will assist the Office of Youth and Young adults Ministry in secretarial and administrative functions. This position will also provide assistance and support to other members of the diocesan pastoral staff as well as communicate effectively with parish leadership. This is a full-time position and includes occasional evenings and weekends.
- Provide excellent customer service to staff, clergy, religious and laity. This includes security camera monitoring, professionally welcoming visitors, answering, screening and directing phone calls.
- Provide regular and effective communication both verbal and written with parish ministry leaders, respond to telephone inquiries and written correspondence in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Assist with coordinating details of events, meetings, trainings and conferences including: facility reservations, safe environment compliance, registration, hospitality, computer A/V set up, ordering supplies, minutes, evaluations and other duties as assigned, assisting on site as needed.
- Create flyers, posters, social media posts, webpage events using graphic design software such as Canva or Microsoft Publisher.
- Create and manage events in software such as JotForm, Mail Chimp and Microsoft Excel.
- Assist with basic accounting functions including check requests, deposit reports, expense reports, recording and process all incoming registrations/payments/invoices for the various conferences/rallies/events for the Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
- Participate in preparation, implementation and management of reports.
- Update resource and policy manuals as needed.
- Update and assist with media.
- Participate in Pastoral Office, Staff and other ministry meetings, including the reading and commenting on the books/exhortations used for discussion during ministry meetings.
- All other assignments deemed necessary for the proper operation of the office.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, G Suite, JotForm, Survey Monkey, Canva, Email Marketing, WordPress, various social media including Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Able to operate large networked printer/scanner/copy machines.
- Spanish recommended, not required
- Virtus trained and background checked.
POSITION NAME: Bookkeeper
LOCATION: St Francis of Assisi Church in Incline Village, NV
REPORTS TO: Administrative Operations Manager
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
PAY RANGE: $20-26 per hour
Based on education and experience
TERMS: Full-Time (30+ hours/week) with benefits
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Handles all aspects of parish finances and is a practicing Catholic who goal is to provide their talents and gifts of service to the Parish, the church and the community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives, disburses and records parish finances and maintains accounting records using the Parish Soft Family Suite, Parish Soft Accounting program. Online giving/Contributions and Paycom for payroll and benefits. Reconciles accounts and is comfortable implementing secure banking procedures.
- Inputs all receipts and disbursements into Parish Soft programs with the proper codes, periodically auditing inputs for accuracy.
- Assures that necessary Purchase Orders, payment authorizations and receipts are signed and coded by authorized staff for all requests for check disbursement.
- Notifies appropriate staff of any account budget overrun.
- Prints all checks.
- Presents all checks for disbursement with accompanying invoices and approved POs to the appropriate authority for signature, providing explanations as requested.
- Distributes all signed checks efficiently and with appropriate security.
- Prepares the parish payroll and all associated payroll records.
- Prepares and distributes all financial reports, including budgets and financial controls.
- Prepares and distributes to designated staff and the Finance Council chair in a timely manner the following quarterly reports: Ongoing Statement of Activities Report, Dedicated Accounts Report with its attached receipts and disbursement record, Deposit Register, check register and the Account Balance Report.
- Responds to questions concerning financial reports received from staff and members of the Finance Council.
- Assists Pastor, staff, the Administrative Operations Manager, and the Chair of the Finance Council in the preparation, approval and distribution of annual operation and maintenance and capital budgets.
- Updates and audits financial controls in staff departments and in volunteer parish functions.
- Provides data and help to commercial auditors when they audit parish financial controls. Implements audit recommendations and reports on progress to staff and Finance Council.
- Recommends ideas to improve parish financial goal setting, planning, prudent stewardship and efficient utilization of human, financial and capital resources.
- Cooperates and coordinates activities with other staff, parish ministries and volunteers such as those involved with the Pastoral Associate, the Pastoral Council, the Finance Council, Liturgy Committee and the Diocesan Staff.
- Attends and participates in staff and Finance Council meetings.
- Observes weekly money count.
- Provides back-up front-office support, including answering phones, and making copies.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS: The Bookkeeper must:
- Be organized
- Be detail-oriented and possess problem-solving skills
- Possess technical ability, including math, computer and Internet skills
- Have working knowledge of MSOffice software, Paycom and ParishSoft software
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff, parishioners, ministry groups and outside vendors through written, verbal, and digital means
- Must maintain a strict level of confidentiality
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma. Parish bookkeeping experience is preferred with working knowledge of ParishSoft software. A degree or certification in finance, accounting or business is highly preferred.
JOB CONDITIONS: Work is performed under continual, tight deadlines. Office hours must be kept and are Tuesday -Friday, although some flexible scheduling based on need are sometimes required.
If interested in applying, please forward cover letter and resume to Dr. Laura Litynski-Vitencz at email@example.com.
The mission of the Diocese survives and thrives through its many volunteers. We welcome all who wish to volunteer. So that a Safe Environment is maintained, all volunteers who have regular access to children and vulnerable adults must submit an application, have a background check and fulfill the Protecting God's Children requirements.
Those necessary documents are:
Throughout the year employment opportunities open within the Chancery office, parishes and schools. We welcome all qualified persons to apply for these positions!
All interested persons must complete an application. Employment will be contingent upon an applicant successfully passing a background check and completing the Safe Environment requirements.
Applications and necessary documents maybe downloaded from here.
- Teacher Application-fillable
- School Administration/Principal Employment Application-fillable
- Substitute Teacher/Teacher's Aide Application- fillable
All applications for Catholic School Teachers/Substitutes/Principals are to be submitted to the Superintendent of Catholic Schools: firstname.lastname@example.org