Please scroll down for upcoming events and other resources.
"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family. -Mother Teresa"
Please note: For questions about an upcoming wedding or other wedding information, contact your local parish office, or the parish where you plan to have your wedding.
Continuing the vision of the 2nd Synod of the Diocese of Reno the Office of Marriage and Family Life supports parishes in ministering to families to promote the Sacrament of Matrimony, provide for stronger marriages and families, and accompany those who are preparing for marriage.
Deacon Joseph Bell, Director of Marriage and Family Life. 775-372-9786 email@example.com
One Minute Prayer for Couples: https://www.canafeast.com/pray?r_done=1
- Seven Day Virtual Marriage Retreats: https://www.foryourmarriage.org/seven-day-virtual-marriage-retreat/
- Life Giving Wounds Online Retreat for Adult Children of Divorced or Separated Parents.
Information and Registration: https://www.lifegivingwounds.org/onlineretreat
- A Virtual Marriage Encounter
The Marriage Encounter experience is a heart haven that helps you listen, share and connect more deeply. There’s no group discussion. It's just about the two of you learning to be the best, most loving and thriving couple you can be. Starting October 22, 2020 7 sessions on : Oct. 22, 25, 29. Nov. 1, 5, 8, 12 Thursdays 7pm and Sundays 2pm Learn more at
- The Catholic Moms Summit
November 13-15, 2020
- How to balance your never-ending obligations and expectations.
- Why inadequacy, guilt, and regret plague all of us, and how to move past these robbers of joy.
- How to avoid overwhelm and actually recharge!
- What’s really at the root of a general feeling of unhappiness and what to do about it!
- Practical step-by-step advice on parenting, marriage, work, health, prayer!
... and much more!
For more information and registration go to: https://www.cardinalstudios.org/moms-summit-home
- My House Workshop
If You've Had Enough, There is Hope
The My House Workshop for Men is a 3-day confidential, intensive for men striving to overcome and heal from unwanted sexual behaviors. It is geared to maximize your investment of time and money, as it will enhance the work you might have started or jump start your journey towards healing. Information and registration at: https://centerforhealingkc.com/my-house/my-house-workshop
Resources for Families during the COVID 19 Crises from the USCCB
Tools for Building a Domestic Church: http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/vocations/parents/tools-for-building-a-domestic-church.cfm
- Family Fully Alive: https://www.kofc.org/en/what-we-do/faith-in-action-programs/family/family-fully-alive.html
- The Domestic Church: https://www.domestic-church.com/
- Help for Men and Women Struggling with Pornography Use: https://www.foryourmarriage.org/help-for-men-and-women-struggling-with-pornography-use-or-addiction/
- A Pastoral Response to Pornography, USCCB: https://www.usccb.org/topics/marriage-and-family-life-ministries/pornography#tab--other-resources-related-to-the-pastoral-response
Pope Francis’ Prayer for Families
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, in you we contemplate the splendor of true love, to you we turn with trust.
Holy Family of Nazareth, grant that our families too may be places of communion and prayer, authentic schools of the Gospel and small domestic Churches.
Holy Family of Nazareth, may families never again experience violence, rejection and division:
may all who have been hurt or scandalized find ready comfort and healing.
Holy Family of Nazareth, make us once more mindful of the sacredness and inviolability of the family, and its beauty in God’s plan.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, graciously hear our prayer.