Please scroll down for
- Upcoming events
- World Wide Marriage Encounter
- Men's Groups
- Women's Groups
- Marriage and Family Life, USCCB
- Engaged Encounter
- Resources for Families During COVID 19 Crises
- Help for Men and Women Struggling with Pornography
- Natural Family Planning
"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family. -Mother Teresa"
Please note: For questions about an upcoming wedding or other wedding information, contact your local parish office, or the parish where you plan to have your wedding.
The Year of Amoris Laetitia Family: March 19, 2021 - June 26, 2022.
News, events, resources: https://www.usccb.org/topics/marriage-and-family-life-ministries/year-amoris-laetitia-family
Continuing the vision of the 2nd Synod of the Diocese of Reno the Office of Marriage and Family Life supports parishes in ministering to families to promote the Sacrament of Matrimony, provide for stronger marriages and families, and accompany those who are preparing for marriage.
Deacon Joseph Bell, Director of Marriage and Family Life. 775-372-9786 email@example.com
One Minute Prayer for Couples: https://www.canafeast.com/pray?r_done=1
- With a year of social distancing and isolation, teens are longing for a way to feel connected again. Our TOB retreat team has developed a personal retreat for high school teens to help them realize how vital their connections and relationships are. At CONNECTED, teens will reconnect with themselves, their identity and their purpose while touching on the beautiful teachings of Theology of the Body. ONLY $20 each and it includes lunch. Space is limited.https://www.marelloyrc.org/events-1
- FREE Theology of the Body Conference April 30 - May 2 Register at: https://tobinstitute.kartra.com/page/DfI155
- A Family Journey Through Lent: https://catholicfamilycrate.com/?aff=85
- Be Light Couples Retreat: https://app.witnesstolove.org/courses/15
- Catholic Fatherhood Summit: https://watch.heroicmen.com/catholic-fatherhood-summit
Stuck at home during the past few months? Looking to enrich your relationship with your spouse? Worldwide Marriage Encounter is having a virtual weekend on March 13and 14th! Join us for a weekend from the comfort of your own home! For more details look on wwme.org or call Jim and Mary at 775-742-1123.
- Pray with the Saints from the McGrath Institute for Church Life. Praying with the Saints is a free, four-part series that leads people in to ways of prayer characteristic of particular saints. Each saint will be featured over the course of a three-week module that includes videos introducing the saint and orienting participants to their prayer. Register at https://churchlife-info.nd.edu/praying-with-the-saints?utm_campaign=Prayer%20of%20the%20Saints&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-8ZqNuLO9ve8GehDpyfvMpqBSp_9Ham46IqYUcrTzTplmzqYXehkEzHGrLly0qslORbPMVD9M_SEzcFUbQvODv9QB_SnQ&_hsmi=103451351&utm_content=103451351&utm_source=hs_email&hsCtaTracking=4c1ee8c3-6d46-4478-9abb-3ef02d5f2581%7C8b999b00-709c-4ece-b6d4-c367d52001c2
- Seven Day Virtual Marriage Retreats: https://www.foryourmarriage.org/seven-day-virtual-marriage-retreat/
- Life Giving Wounds Online Retreat for Adult Children of Divorced or Separated Parents. Information and Registration: https://www.lifegivingwounds.org/onlineretreat
- My House Workshop
If You've Had Enough, There is Hope
The My House Workshop for Men is a 3-day confidential, intensive for men striving to overcome and heal from unwanted sexual behaviors. It is geared to maximize your investment of time and money, as it will enhance the work you might have started or jump start your journey towards healing. Information and registration at: https://centerforhealingkc.com/my-house/my-house-workshop
Resources for Families during the COVID 19 Crises from the USCCB
3D Nativity Coloring Kit from McGrath Institute: https://churchlife-info.nd.edu/3d-nativity-coloring-kit-creche-2018?utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_fgoqcqeobEGJFbwMVtw7dpDJ9elNKHPWmb624K0KU6X_XeDPYWs_vZjiiZrowFZhmaRIyrT_RokEDkrNwTYGK2b1aUw&_hsmi=103124005&utm_content=103124003&utm_source=hs_email&hsCtaTracking=17e076c8-ad0b-4001-b46e-0ec5b218f932%7Cf13c9f65-19e2-49ae-98d7-e8e45331eee0
Tools for Building a Domestic Church: http://www.usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/vocations/parents/tools-for-building-a-domestic-church.cfm
- Family Fully Alive: https://www.kofc.org/en/what-we-do/faith-in-action-programs/family/family-fully-alive.html
- The Domestic Church: https://www.domestic-church.com/
- Sacred Art in the Home: https://aleteia.org/2020/10/11/why-having-sacred-art-in-your-home-changes-the-way-you-live/?fbclid=IwAR1gR-BZWv9sqniKlUWXYeKRPQD9pXax9DMCo4W94AloZ64Ylh_ViV3yRic
- Making Icons with Kids: https://www.carrotsformichaelmas.com/2017/03/13/making-icons-with-kids-open-a-sacred-window/
- Help for Men and Women Struggling with Pornography Use: https://www.foryourmarriage.org/help-for-men-and-women-struggling-with-pornography-use-or-addiction/
- A Pastoral Response to Pornography, USCCB: https://www.usccb.org/topics/marriage-and-family-life-ministries/pornography#tab--other-resources-related-to-the-pastoral-response
Pope Francis’ Prayer for Families
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, in you we contemplate the splendor of true love, to you we turn with trust.
Holy Family of Nazareth, grant that our families too may be places of communion and prayer, authentic schools of the Gospel and small domestic Churches.
Holy Family of Nazareth, may families never again experience violence, rejection and division:
may all who have been hurt or scandalized find ready comfort and healing.
Holy Family of Nazareth, make us once more mindful of the sacredness and inviolability of the family, and its beauty in God’s plan.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, graciously hear our prayer.
Help for divorced Catholics: https://divorcedcatholic.com/
Natural Family Planning
- 100% organic. No hormones, drugs, or devices.
- Couples who discover NFP love it for being completely organic and risk-free
- There are zero health worries and it is immediatel reversible when you want to try to conceive a baby.
- Local in-erson, self-paced online or live online classes available.
- For more information see ccli.org
- Or, contact Mark and Gail in Carson City at 775-285-7278 or firstname.lastname@example.org