FOR HOPE AND HEALING THE WOUNDS OF ABORTION
What is Project Rachel?
Project Rachel is a post-abortion healing ministry, a nonjudgmental and confidential Catholic outreach to women and men of all religions who have experienced the trauma of abortion. Anyone who has emotional, mental, and spiritual pain can find truth and healing. Project Rachel is named after the Old Testament figure Rachel, who weeps inconsolably for her children “who are no more” until God came to her, offering hope for her future (Jeremiah 31:15-17). God is all loving, forgiving, and merciful, and in His name the Church reaches out to you with compassion and hope.
Is Project Rachel for you?
Project Rachel is for anyone affected by abortion:
- Women who have had an abortion
- Men whose significant others have had abortions
- Parents, children, siblings, other family members and friends of those who have had an abortion
- Anyone who has encouraged or helped someone else obtain an abortion
- Anyone who has worked in the abortion industry
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
- Guilt, shame, sadness, grief, sense of loss, remorse
- Anger, rage, depression, low self-esteem, suicidal thoughts
- Alcohol abuse, substance abuse, addictions
- Anxiety, eating disorders, trouble sleeping or nightmares
- Broken relationships, inability to bond with children
- Fear of punishment from God
What does project Rachel offer?
Licensed professional therapists—Receive a referral to someone who is specially trained and sensitive to the needs of those hurting from a past abortion
Referrals to Priests—Spiritual guidance sensitive to your particular needs and preparation to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation
Rachel’s Vineyard Weekend Retreats—Take time away to seek peace and healing at a confidential retreat led by a Project Rachel team (some retreats are for both women and men).
Awareness program, prayer service, and Mass of Hope and Healing for anyone touched by the loss of a child through miscarriage, stillbirth, ectopic pregnancy, early infant death, or abortion—Future dates to be determined
How do you contact us?
Call the Project Rachel nonjudgmental and confidential help line. All calls are returned within 24 hours by a trained Project Rachel staff member who talks with the caller about their experience to discern and offer the options available to begin the healing process.